The National Educational Library and Museum (NELM) is the information centre for educational science, public education and the history of education. It collects documents of the special literature of educational science and presents its material remains. It publishes also special bibliographies and data bases in that fields. Finally it is a methodical and coordinating centre for educational and school libraries in Hungary.
- a special library for education,
- an educational document centre,
- a methodical centre for school and educational libraries,
- a museum specialized in education,
- a basis for reseach in the history of Hungarian education and comperative education,
- a non-profit publisher.